Monday, October 27, 2008

Adjusted $ITCK and Cumulative $TICK




Thought that I would show the difference between the Adjusted $TICK Two-Hour Moving Avg Indicator and the Cumulative $TICK Indicator that Dr. Steenbarger talks about in his blog.
Above is the Adjusted $TICK Two-Hour MA Code. I'm using a Simple Moving Average in the code. Dr. Steenbarger may be using the Exponential MA. For the EMA, just place an "X" before the word "Average" in the code.



Above is the Cumulative $TICK Code. Again, for the EMA, place an "X" in front of the word "Average" in the code above. The light blue line (Cyan) is the Two-Hour MA of the Cumulative $TICK.
Charles
RELATED POST:

6 comments:

  1. I was trying to get your code to work in Tradestation and couldn't get it to Verify.

    I would love to use it but am not a programmer so I always have trouble with this stuff.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks - Slim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Slim,

    What does the pop-up box say when it refuses to verify the code?

    Charles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slim,

    Also, if you continue to have problems, I can put it in ELD form in the TradeStation Forum. The ELD can be downloaded directly into your TradeStation platform.

    Charles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charles On my tradestation chart, I am using a regular session, and there are blank values for Thanksgiving day and the afternoon on Friday. Yet the cumulative tick readings continue during these non trading periods, and are rising, skewing the results for ensueing trading. Have you encountered the same? Is there any way around this?

    Thx oRandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Problem solved Charles. I had ES as data 1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charles,
    thank you. you responded to my Brett S. post.
    I have been able to get code to work for the 1min, but still struggling with the 5 min.
    I'll be watching your blog from now on.
    thanks again.

    ReplyDelete