Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Do you fail to see what is happening in the Forest when concentrating on the Trees?

I believe that many of my mistakes in trading is the result of not seeing what is happening in the big picture while concentrating on the recent small market moves. For instance, a change in market direction in a small time frame, such as a 1-5 minute chart, may only be a small correction in a larger time frame and not a change in market sentiment or trend. I am improving in this area, but still have a ways to go.

First take this test in counting basket ball passes: The Basket Ball Test!


This is an interesting article on how our brains tend to miss obvious details due to limited short term memory: "Did You See the Gorilla?"

Admittedly, I do have a problem in seeing the exact number of objects in a picture without counting them. This is something that I do need to improve, which has direct relationships to short term trading success.


Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment